Friday, June 11, 2010

Truth & Love

"How happy I was to find that some of your children live in the truth, just as the Father commanded us." -- 2 John 1:4

"Nothing makes me happier than to hear my children live in the truth." -- 3 John 1:4

 "We Christians, then, must help these people, so that we may share in their work for the truth."
 -- 3 John 1:8

 "My dear friend, do not imitate what is bad, but imitate what is good. Whoever does good belongs to God; whoever does what is bad has not seen God." -- 3 John 1:11

As I've been spending a little more time with my parents lately, I've been hearing what they really get encouraged by. My parents really become joyful when they find their children living in truth. An example is my brother. For some reason, he's just simply disciplined, obedient, and shares truth and love to every single person he knows. It's so inspiring to see as an older sister and it's also pleasing in my parents eyes. Thank God for blessing Johnson to imitate the good characteristics from my parents and not the bad.

Over the past week -- I've seen my brother...
  • Do something as little as filling up the gas tank for my parents without wanting acknowledgement.
  • Sleep at the prayer center without a shower place to be efficient in his daily duties
  • Carry books around with him all the time as he is always studious and wanting to learn more
  • Strive to make his summer productive and useful so that he can find what he truly likes to do as a profession during his college career
  • Begin a small bible study group with the college kids in his church to start a college ministry
  • Etc etc etc etc.

Now for me, how have I been striving to live in truth and help people in their work for truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment