Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Go Wherever God Leads

I feel like a lot has happened these past couple of weeks, just a busy season. One of the biggest transitions recently is the idea of transitioning to a new church family by the end of this summer. The other and I have been praying about it for quite a while and recently, it seems that God has been opening the doors for this to happen. There's a lot to pray about and so far, everything's going pretty smoothly.

It seems like the prominent theme that keeps occurring the past couple of weeks in my life is: "Go wherever God leads". I mean, he's led us thus far, why be anxious and worried about where we are going to go next? This has given me a lot more peace of mind since I'm the type of person who's always concerned about what my next step should look like.

Recently, I read a book: "Found: God's Will" by John MacArthur. It's a random book I decided to pick up and read because it was only 75 pages. The book encouraged and reminded me about what it means to be "spirit-filled" and that as long as we are walking full of the Spirit and being faithful to his Word, everything will fall into place. (Will blog about this in another blog)

Then, a couple of days later, I met with a friend who just came back from Russia and she was sharing all her crazy stories of the things that happened to her the past 6 months there. And over and over again, she kept talking about being full of the Spirit and how every step she took, she relied on the Spirit.

Then, a couple of days later, we had a work picnic, and there was a man who shared a very heart-felt and honest testimony of his battle with the brain tumor that God healed him of after 9 months. Now, the "Praise You in The Storm" song by Casting Crowns means that much more to me after he sung it. As he was sharing his testimony, he used his personal experience of saving a bird after he dove into a pool, it was pretty amazing. It's crazy because when we got back to work the next day and debriefed about the testimony, God couldn't have used any other man than him to display his power and glory. Since he was in his youth, he has always been radical for God, very smart and set an example in faith. It wasn't shocking that it was a brain tumor and it wasn't shocking that he was able to overcome it because of his faith in Christ.

During the picnic, I spoke with one of the higher ups because she was a missionary in Ecuador for 14 years before she started working in the college. Her life in itself is very encouraging, she says that the only reason she transitioned off the missionary field was because that's where God was leading and she will go wherever God leads her and her family to.

Another one of our coworkers was going to be a long term international worker in Palestine at the West Bank, and he said something very profound that had a lasting impact on me: "The call is there, we are just waiting for the assignment." A lot of times, we feel that God is calling us to something more, something bigger, and then in the season when nothing spectacular is happening, we feel that we're not hearing from the Lord and we question if there is more to life than this. He reminded me that there is a season of preparation and God was growing our faith to fully rely on Him. That's definitely how I'm feeling in this season of my life. We are being put in a position to learn to trust Him. In the meantime, while we are stuck at where we are at and positioned in the certain areas of life, be a good steward so that when we leave, leave it well so that we can miss the relationships that were established. For me, in this preparation season, I feel like I've definitely failed many times in the sense of my lack of trust and impatient-ness towards God. I have a long way to go. But I'm continuing to learn to trust God and trust that this is what the Lord has for us in this season of our life. Life can change and anything can happen overnight, and I must be prepared for it. Just like one of our coworkers said, he said "this is the pattern that the Lord has always used in our lives", I feel the same way. We have no control of anything and He makes us sweat things out a bit, but all we are called to do is be faithful.

Lastly, my boss prayed a prayer and said: The Lord's vision is not complicated like the things that are complicated in our lives. It's not, God just calls us to be faithful in whatever we are doing.

In the midst of all my worries and concerns, one thing that gives me peace of mind is that the other and I are surrendering it to God and just walking by faith and in the meantime, serve faithfully wherever we are until we receive our next assignment. We trust that God will lead us wherever when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment