Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm Grateful For...

Sometimes, I lose site of the many blessings God has given me, so here's an activity for myself.

Think about the things you're grateful for. Make a list of 10 of them. Tell someone why you're grateful for each, and praise God for all that He has given you

In no specific order:
1. God. I'm grateful that God has chosen me to be part of his family. I did nothing to deserve it and I can do nothing to deserve it. I'm grateful, privileged and honored to be able to serve this God who is way higher and bigger than anything I can possibly think or imagine. 
2. Husband. I'm grateful to God for such a loving and patient husband. He is a man who strives to honor God with his life, he is servant hearted, is continually being sanctified, and goes out of his way to love me and the people around him as Christ loves him. 
3. Family. I'm grateful to God for amazing parents, in-laws, siblings and extended family. I'm grateful that they are always supportive and that we are able to rely on each other in all circumstances. 
4. Job. I'm grateful to God for my current job. I have coworkers who work hard, a boss who is wise beyond his years, and an environment where believers can edify each other even in our work place. I'm grateful that my boss allows me to work at my own pace, that he trusts me and doesn't micromanage, and that we all have a great working relationship. 
5. Community. I'm grateful to God for awesome friends who are there through thick and thin. I'm grateful for people in my life, both the ones that are easy to love and the ones that are hard to love. I'm grateful for the new friends I continue to make and the old friends that have been by my side through the different seasons of life. I'm grateful to know that there are people I can count on and those that will always test my patience. 
6. Food and Shelter. I'm grateful to God that I have a place to call home and no matter how much financial problems I'll have, I'll know that God provides always  more enough for us to be able to have food on our table on a daily basis. I'm thankful for electricity, hot water, clothes to put on my back. I'm thankful to have enough. 
7. Church. I'm grateful for my old church community and new church community. I'm thankful that I get to walk into a church where there are people who can be frustrated because not enough people are being saved and more revival. I'm thankful that God moves in all circumstances whether we see it or not. 
8. Gifts and Talents. I'm thankful that God has made me unique, he blessed me with the talents that go in line with the things I'm passionate about. He's given me just enough so that I will remain humble and dependent on God and others rather than mysfelf. I'm grateful that he's put people in my life who have their own unique skill set so that when we come together as a body, we can share and strive in our strengths while assisting each other in our weaknesses. 
9. Health. I'm thankful to God that I am very able bodied and that I am capable to do many things because I am an overall healthy person. I am thankful that I can breathe & have two legs to walk, I have site to sea, I can taste and enjoy food, I can smell the fresh summer breeze and flowers blooming. 
10. Education. Im grateful to God to be continuously learning and obtaining knowledge. I'm grateful to be given the opportunity to apply what I learn and be challenged in what I know. I'm grateful to be around like minded people who want to help others because they want to make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment