Monday, August 11, 2014

New Church

Yesterday was our first day at the new church. God's definitely stretching me in a different way, in a way I'm not the most comfortable with. The other will be serving the EM, something that he's been wanting to do and I will be serving the youth, which I definitely don't mind doing because that's something I always had a heart for. But now the spiritual growth of the whole youth group is now in my hands. It's a little nerve wrecking but at the same time, I know it's not me, it's all God, I just have to trust that he will use me.

I always saw myself playing the support role, but now it's a little more than that and I do feel like it's a huge responsibility to carry and a huge burden considering I'm working full time, still need to complete my internship and then not even enough time to keep up with social and marital needs. But, if this is how God has opened the door for me, by God's grace, this is all going to work out.

I can honestly see myself doing something like this full time in the long run. I love serving people and I don't particularly love doing it in the capacity I am doing it in right now -- as a financial aid counselor. But maybe that's something that might happen in the future and God's just preparing me for this step right now.

What encouraged me while meeting the people there is that there are already leaders set in place to assist the youth which can possibly make my life that much easier in terms of sharing the burden and partnering with each other. I met some of the youth and it looks like after a couple of weeks, can will probably be able to get along just fine.

In my previous ministry experience, I've always been used to becoming friends with these kids but now I have to learn my boundary as a leader and all of that. This is definitely a growing a process but a blessing nonetheless. I can't say I'm extremely excited because I'm a little overwhelmed with the responsibility, but this is just another opportunity to trust God to see how it works.

This is definitely going to be a different experience from my past two church experiences. Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment