Thursday, July 24, 2014

Follow the Leader

Every day I have to readjust my perspective. It's so easy to be near sighted. I always need to keep myself in check that the person I'm following is Jesus Christ. He is my leader and when I keep my eyes on him, everything will fall into place. I need to focus on Him and let him direct my path.

I realize in my everyday living that I'm always in need of a leader whether it's in the organization I am serving at, in my church, in my home, in my social setting, whatever it is. Internally, I'm always looking for that leader so that I can follow and when I follow, I follow wholeheartedly. Im blessed to have wonderful leaders in my life but I realize that that in itself is nearsighted too because I'm not following THE leader, I'm focusing too much on following the human leaders path. 

How much more amazing to follow the leader of all leaders. When I do that, then I won't feel so bad about moving on and entering different transitions. When I do that, I'm being faithful to my current circumstances but when it's time to go, there will be no hard feelings because we are going where the big boss wants to take us. 

I think about that often, especially because I'm in then process of transitioning church families and I'm also graduating next year. People often ask me what I'm going to do next? Internally, I feel pressured to come up with a response to show that I have everything planned out. But it seems that every step of my life, none of my plans were God's plans for me. Everything chapter of my life has been literally paved by God, so why stress out so much over it? I have thoughts about wanting to stay in the job I'm currently at because I love my team and my boss. They all have stayed so long and I wish I could do that too, but why pressure myself? I'll go where God leads. I need to follow the leader and stop planning my own life out so stringently.



In small group the other day, we were reading John 10 and it talked about how sheep knows the voice of the shepherd and it follows it. The sheep know the shepherd and the shepherd know the sheep. The are always going in God's leading and no matter how stupid they are, at least they are following their shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment