Saturday, September 20, 2014

Church

I'm very grateful that God placed us in this new church. It's definitely different from the old one. But adjusting to this church wasn't so difficult and although I'm still transitioning, the people here make it easy. The community here is so welcoming and tight knit.

As stressed out as I am every week to have to spend extra time to prepare for Friday and Sunday Services, I'm blessed that I have helpers to assist and make spending time with the youth group a joy. I no longer have weekends to myself, it's solely dedicated to preparing and doing church work. On Monday to Friday, I haven't figured out how to prioritize yet because there's just too many things going on during the week day. I don't have any days to sleep in, I have to be at church way early on the weekends but I'm slowly but surely finally getting used to it. Right now, I've been making sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep to be able to balance the workload each week. That means a lot of sacrifices but it's okay.

I think about if these sacrifices are worth it and at the end of the day, yes it is. Although I no longer have time for myself, although I'm basically overworking myself everyday, and have no free time to socialize and catch up with others, this is what the other and I asked for and God answered our prayers sooner than later. We wanted a church where we have people to work with, where it was active and we can have and develop a community in. This church is a growing church and the size of the group they put us in charge of is very reasonably sized. It already has a structure in place and we basically don't have to start from scratch. The handful of leaders that I'm working with are dedicated, committed and have a heart and passion to see the youth grow. Of course, church is not perfect, but it's definitely something we do not mind working with.



Through the church, the other decided to enroll himself back in school. The other church didn't give him a sense of urgency that he needed to finish, but this semester, he felt like he needed to. We did whatever we had to do to get him enrolled and I'm expecting him to get As. If God allows everything to work out, I hope that we don't have to spend as much financial resources as we have already done in investing into our education especially at a private school. I don't really know how the next year will look like, but I trust that it's all in God's hands.

Internship has been okay so far too. I have no clue how I'm going to finish 380 hours in the next couple of months, but someway somehow I'm determined to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment