Monday, November 10, 2014

God's Favor

I'm not the type to typically celebrate birthdays although I am always blessed to have people around me who do. Little gestures do just make me reflect on how blessed I am to be surrounded by people who know how to love and appreciate. It's never something I expect and as a matter of fact, I know I don't even deserve any of it. In my times of weakness, I still see God's favor in my life through the people he's placed in my life. 

The other bought me to a restaurant that cost an arm and a leg. Although it's somewhere I would never personally bring myself to because I hardly think it's worth it to throw down such a large amount, I appreciate the thought, consideration and all that is behind it. As much as I nag at him, point at his flaws and bad habits, I am grateful to have an awesome and God-honoring husband. 


It's always a tradition to celebrate birthdays with coworkers. I'm grateful to have such a great team of people to work with. As much as I hate traveling to the city everyday and I just dislike sitting in an office all day and working on numbers and boring figures, I'm grateful for a great work environment.


I've been married for 1.5 years now and there are still tons of people that I have yet to invite over my place. Since the bestie so lovingly offered to cook for a small group of people, I decided to invite people that I've never really invited plus a couple that I talk to more often. 


Childhood friends are always people to count on and grow old with. It's been over 15 years with them, we only see each other a couple times a year, but I'm glad that we can always celebrate each others special occasions with one another.


My youth group surprised me with a small gift and cake a couple of days after the birthday. It was pretty embarrassing since they sang during lunch time in front of the older folk whom I don't know and am not the most comfortable with. I'm really honored to be shepherding over them during this season, as hard as it is.

There are some other groups that I didn't really get a chance to even catch up with or meet up with during this season due but holiday season, here we come. 

Well, here's to another year. I'm officially finished my mid-twenties and now entering my late twenties with a bunch of new chapters in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment