Sunday, May 10, 2015

2 Weeks Old

Time feels so short but it also flies by so quickly. He's only two weeks old and thus far, we've brought him to church, the hooding ceremony, commencement, and doctors appointment. People call us crazy for bringing the baby out, and in a sense, I do feel pretty crazy that I'm bringing him out within the month because I'm not even fully healed yet and going out just means more boob pain for me because I don't have a constant place to pump and more attention to others and less sleep for me. Tonight, I started feeling a migraine and I just felt so exhausted. Definitely need to figure out how to practice self-care. I also feel mommy brain kicking in because the other asked me to do a couple things and follow up with some people from church about some things, and it totally flew over my head. I felt so bad because he's taking up a lot of my slack but I'm stressing him out because all eyes are basically on him. I hope to be able to adjust to working from home and honoring my job as a staff at church as well. I'm not sure how people do it but I haven't adjusted yet.

Everyday I look at the baby and he looks different everyday. He has different facial expressions, his sleep faces are different, his awake faces are different, it's pretty amusing and entertaining. During the second week, the other and I got the hang of changing his diapers on our own, where as the first week we needed two people to clean him up. Baby has had an extremely big appetite and so it seems to catch up with pumping milk for him so we have been supplementing with formula when necessary. Many times, he drinks so fast that he starts choking on the milk and other times he regurgitates it back out all over the other.

In his two week check up, his weight was 9.9 pounds, height: 22 inches and head size 38. The ped says he was above average and we didn't need to go back to her until the second month check up since everything was progressing accordingly. Baby definitely feels heavier.

He's starting to fuss and whine a lot and the other and I are sort of kind of catching on on the different types of cries he has. He seems to enjoy car rides but bringing him out is the biggest hassle in the world because we have to basically bring a luggage with us every where we go. Can't believe I'm a mommy of two weeks.

Seems like most of my posts are going to be about him from now on, my whole life changed because of baby. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment