Monday, May 18, 2015

3 Weeks Postpartum

Baby is 3 weeks and four days today. Time flies and he's almost a month old. Time flies. He's been fussing a lot more in the middle might, eats a lot more at night and sleeps a lot less. Hopefully in a month or two we can start sleep training him so that we don't constantly have to stay up all night. 

3 weeks postpartum was pretty hard. I think my body gave in after all the events I've been attending - specifically hooding, graduation and the staff luncheon. I'm still really glad I went but I know the toll it took on my body and my body definitely did not respond well. For a couple days I had muscle tension headaches, neck pains and it wouldn't go away and it was so difficult to hold the baby. Then my boobs were hurting and I was frustrated that I still couldn't get the hang of all this in three weeks time. I was pumping and why was I still feeling hard spots? While everyone was complaining how hot t was or how perfect whether it was, I would be in bed feeling cold, feeling chills and the. After a nap I would wake up drenched in sweat only to do it all over again. For two days, I was basically in bed all day besides pumping time which was every 3-4 hours. Sleeping a lot help and I was very grateful for the other and his parents and my brother to help assist when I needed the most. Slowly, I felt like regular body temperature although I still sweat in my sleep, my neck pain was slowly going away thanks to massage from the other and brother, and I thought the sharp shooting pains in my head would never go away but after sleeping two days, it did. 

I must say postpartum is pretty hard. Everyone told me how hard pregnancy was and labor and delivery but I didn't expect all the women changes/hormones/emotions and pains  that women have to go through postpartum in addition to taking care of the baby. It's so hard. I have such a long way to go, still figuring out how to adjust to... Life. Baby is growing heavier right before my eyes, can't imagine how this next week will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment