Monday, October 13, 2014

Internship

When I think about internship, I get a little GAH about it. I don't know the word that I was to use, but at this point, I'm just so tired of extending and dragging on my academic career and just want it to end. Either senioritis has kicked in a while ago, or I'm just growing impatient at the 700 hours of internship that seems impossible to obtain. I'm just about halfway in my hours now. This counseling degree has definitely taken longer than I have expected, of course, due to all different great life transitions and circumstances, but I really don't want it to last another year. My goal was to graduate by May 2015 by doing a two year decelerated track. I'm on my second year right now and just by looking at the amount of hours I have and how many more I need, it just seems impossible unless I increase my hours or find a different internship site that would give me more face time hours. This site just has too many no-shows and cancels and inconsistencies and it's taking a toll on me moving forward. I really feel like at this point, I do not have the option of looking for an additional internship site because what I already have on my plate is already overwhelming as it is, but I don't know if I have a choice. My other option is taking another graduate and I'm so upset that I have to even consider that option, but that's probably something I may have to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment