Monday, October 6, 2014

Parents

I've only been in this church for two months and in these two months alone, a handful of birthday celebrations have taken place. All or many of which were planned not just by the close friends or leaders of the church, but the parents of the church. The parents typically contribute by opening up their home for a large group and preparing a dinner feast for all. This past weekend, I went to another birthday celebration, and just seeing how close these parents are to these youth group kids are such a blessing. When I look back, I grew up in an environment where our parents were not the most active in our personal lives, especially in the church environment, even more rare. It encourages me and makes me happy to see that many of these youth group members have parents who truly take the time out of their lives to be active and present in their young lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment