Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Did you pray about it?"


"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

Praying always means pray at all times, on every occasion (whether it is outside, inside, hot, cold, whether your sad or happy, whatever it is), inwardly without ceasing. Many times we pray for just the requests that would come true to us, a prayer for ourselves, but we need to pray for others, pray for the world, pray for God's kingdom, pray to thank God and worship him, etc.

In the Spirit means letting the Spirit lead, guide, direct, and help us to know what we have to pray for, because the Bible says "...we do not know what we ought to pray for but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."
We need to be alert by seeing how God is currently blessing us with answered prayer requests while we are praying right now.

I thought about prayer recently, how I haven't been doing the actual kneeling down and praying or really just devoting one special time of praying to God. This verse says to pray continuously, and in my mind I know I'm praying continuously about how I should be as I continue my day on with God by my side.

Recently I've been talking to others about my "job dilemna" and it's so crazy how the first question people ask is, "Did you pray about it?" I guess God's really trying to tell me something that I NEED to pray and it's a must, not just to pray about the issue itself, but to continue to develop that loving relationship with him. It really encouraged me and touched me to see my friends help me include God in my life as they are trying to include God in theirs. Normally that question is a question we don't want to hear, but prayer is definitely powerful and through prayer, I know that God has got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment