Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Cost of Following

Taken from: InterVarsi​ty National Alumni Newsletter - April 2012

"Follow me on Twitter."
"Follow us on Facebook."
"Follow my blog."
"Follow the latest breaking news."

We live in a world today where corporations, celebrities, and sometimes our friends, clamor to increase the number of people who follow, like, or subscribe to them online.

The concept of "following" is not a new one--Jesus even 2,000 thousand years ago said "Follow me," as he called people to him. There is, however, a vast difference between choosing to follow Jesus and following someone on Twitter.

Jesus said, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it." There is a much higher personal and lifelong cost invovled in following Jesus.

What are the costs involved for you today as you follow Jesus?

2 comments:

  1. Recommended read! 'the Cost of Discipleship" by Bonhoeffer. highly recommend!!!

    ReplyDelete