Friday, March 15, 2013

Anxiety Provoking Issues

The past couple of months, finances have been such a big issue for me because there are so many transitions there are going to happen in life in the next couple of months and I feel like financially, I don't know how we were going to live with the amount that we were making and the amount we have in general. A couple of weeks ago during life coaching class, while I was talking during peer coaching exercise, mentally, I decided to give over my anxieties to God because I couldn't do anything on my own. I casted my worries on him because I felt so hopeless.

The same week, a lady walked up to me before work and told me that if she didn't share with me what she had to tell me, she was going to burst. It turned out she had been praying for me for about three weeks because there's a job opening and when she was praying for that position to be filled, God showed her my face. We don't talk, as a matter of fact, we've passed each other by just about every day for the past almost two years and the most we've probably interacted with each other was a "hi". So when God first showed her my face, she did not say a word because she wanted God to confirm that it was me that he was showing. She encouraged me to apply for the job and we departed ways.

That night, I spoke to the other about it and was verbally processing my thoughts out loud to him because I was in such a dilema. I loved the job I had now because I love the people I'm working with and this job was a position I never thought I would want to fill. While he heard my story, he discerned that it was a God-thing. As a continued to ramble on, something clicked..

"Whoah... I think God is answering my prayers."

So I thought about it and realized that it was just earlier in the week where I gave over my anxieties to God. That same week, he sent someone to talk to me and encourage me.

That Sunday, we had a bible study on angels speaking to people. I came up with the conclusion that God sent an angel to encourage and speak to me, how crazy.

Anyway, by the end of the week, I took some time to fix my resume and submitted it.

This past Wednesday, the director walked up to my cubicle and said that his supervisor is here today and he was wondering if I had time to sit down with them. I looked super tired that day and I was totally out of it, no make-up, no preparation but I said what the heck, if this is from God, I'll go with it and interview with them. After all, it's all in God's hands. With the director and his supervisor, I ended having almost an hour conversation with them and it went well. I didn't feel like I had to hide anything but both parties said whatever they had to say and they said they would contact me via email after interviewing other people.

At work yesterday, a coworker came up to me and whispered, "Joan, are you switching positions?" I looked at her with a confused face because I didn't tell anyone besides one or two people that I was planning to apply for this position. And she was like, "Did you apply for this position?" and I was like, "How did you know?" And she said a little birdy told her. Anyway, I told her my situation and what pushed me to apply. She said it's definitely from God and although I love the team I'm apart of now, God will move me where he wants to move me. If he wants me back on the same team, he'll do it. Because she came to talk to me, it seems like there's already some talk around this office between the higher ups and right now, I definitely believe God is working things out for me and I truly don't have to worry.

I always come up with no other conclusion but that God is real, God is alive, he knows our hearts and for as long as I put my trust in him, he'll work things out for good.

Well.. a couple of weeks from now, I'll update with what actually happened. But whatever happens, I was definitely encouraged by how God works things out.

it's also funny because I'm in the process of looking for an internship, and that seems to be harder. Many students have already attained their internship and it seems like I'm still having such a hard time, but I got to trust God with this one too. I can't keep on acting in the place of God thinking that I have everything under control, because I don't. GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment