Saturday, March 29, 2014

Invitation

My coworker told me a testimony regarding something that happened in her life not too long ago.

It went something like this. Someone brought a new comer to church. The new comers have new comer meetings where they are introduced to the gospel. There was this one new comer who came in saying that she sought out all religions, all religions are the same, and kept talking back at my coworker, who was the leader of the group for that week. The newcomers heart was obviously closed and she just kept going on and on regarding her own philosophies and such. My coworker was praying to God under her breath and trying to hear from God what she should do. She knew that starting a debate wouldn't help, then they'd just go in circles arguing about the same thing. Then, it came to her, my coworker stopped the newcomer and said something like this with the most sincerity:

"Newcomer, today, I want to give you an invitation. I'm not sure if you've received this invitation or not but today you can. Would you like to receive Jesus Christ in your life as your Lord and Savior today? It's not something that I can do, but I promise your life won't be the same. It's really up to you to open your heart and receive it."

To her surprise, the newcomer said yes, prayed with my coworker and wanted to start a relationship with God.

This testimony reminds me that as a Christian, going back and forth to tackle topics and always trying to other peoples questions might not always be the answer. Sometimes, we get so busy tackling topics that we forget to ask the most important question. Why talk about him when we can really get to know him by just accepting the invitation.

That's my problem too, sometimes, I allow things to be too logical in my head and forget that I've already received Christ and he has control over everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment