Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ups and Downs

There are moments where nothing seems to go right in life and there are other moments where everything in life is amazing.

Recently, it's more of the first one. And in these moments, I want so much to trust God but being the human that I am, I can't help but to feel overwhelmed and stressed and anxious and heavy and unable to focus and concentrate on the things I need to do and distracted and then I become focused on myself and angry and unproductive and unhappy and then I count everything in my life thats not going right and then I feel so helpless, hopeless, discouraged. It's hard to appreciate and see the good out of things when everything is going wrong. I start idolizing the things that are going wrong instead of focusing on the things that are going right.

But still, I want to trust God, I need to rely  on God. I need to trust in his faithfulness. I need to keep my focus on Him rather than myself. I need to look at the bigger picture. I need to count my blessings. I need to pick myself up and just get over it because it's going to get better eventually. Maybe it won't but I need to change my perspective and readjust my focus.

In the lent devotional, this quote encouraged me: Lent is not about your faithfulness, but rather about the faithfulness of Jesus on your behalf. He is the faithful One! 

Everything that's going wrong all seem to minuscule compared to Jesus did for us on his short time on earth, but yet I still throw myself a pity party over it.

Either way, whatever I'm feeling, it'll all pass eventually. God is still good. Thank you God for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment