Monday, March 9, 2015

Comps

I had a bad start to my morning. I didn't sleep well, possibly because I thought I was not going to wake up in time to get to school early for the comps, and the belly has made it increasingly uncomfortable to sleep and roll around. When I woke up in the morning, I did my usual routine, made my peanut butter jelly sandwich and smoothie and then walked out. As I was walking to the bus stop, I happened to slip on black ice and landed on my back/head as I saw two-three buses pass me. I was in so much shock, I got up right away and went right back home. I walked up the staircase and started crying and asked David to drive me to the subway. My head hurt.

Then, I got on the train and it just so happened because of weather related issues, the train was delayed. When I texted other people who lived around the area if they were facing the same issues, they mentioned either catching the train two hours ahead of the normal scheduled time or taking the express bus. So there I was, head hurt, tired of studying, carrying a bunch of studying material on me, and the train delayed. Just my luck. I texted my coworker and told her I was going to be late, unfortunately. By the time I arrived on the green line, my coworker said everyone was there already and they were just waiting on me.

By the time I came out of the elevator, there were a line of people clapping for me because I was the last one to arrive. I was about to cry again because it was so embarrassing that I was the last one to arrive. Anyway, the test started, I was tired, wasn't confident in all the questions, but finished up in about 3 hours and went about the rest of my day. That was the day of the comps.

No comments:

Post a Comment