Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 1

1 John 5:5
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

What am I thinking? That I can overcome the world on my own. That I, out of everyone else in the history of mankind can try to fight the world immediately and hope that it will be done. Obviously I learned that I am no where near strong enough because I am definitely using it with my own strength. The best solution: Run away. The Bible says "flee from evil desires."

I never realized how weak I am and how powerful this world is. "The world conquers and masters everyone who is born into it, for indeed we have been born in sin and 'shapen in iniquity'.

Psalm 51:5 -- "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my  mother conceived me."
This means the world is in us the moment we were born, how powerful. 

All this time, I come before God thinking, I'm righteous enough, I'm holy enough and there is not much farther I can strive, but no, "There is none righteous, no not one (Roman 3:10)". And I'm only starting to understand this concept now. The whole world is guilty before God (Romans 3:19), and now I really understand that yes I am definitely guilty before God, the more I search myself, the more is revealed, the sinful nature in me. 

We who believe in Jesus Christ, the son of God has this precious gift and it is called faith. We have the ability to exercise this faith and put it into practice. This faith is a force and strength and power that we do not have on our own but through God alone. 

And through this, we have and are overcoming the world.


1 comment:

  1. ...with an overcoming Savior =)

    continue to be blessed and to be a blessing J own~

    God is sovereign ;)

    thanx for the post~ it was a great reminder to me as well

    ReplyDelete