Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 8

Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

John 7:17
"If anyone many will do his will, then he must know the doctrine."

If we want to be certain of God, we have to believe first and then we will be certain. Reversing the order will be insulting to God. Someone may say, "Well, I will only believe if I have proof" But God says, "I ask you to believe because I am speaking." That is the only way we will be able to witness God and experience him. 

If we don't fully believe that he is God, has is he going to reveal himself to us.
If we have doubts, how are we able to let God work through us even if we wanted to.

There are many passages in the Bible which are absurd if read by an unbeliever because things like that just cannot happen in our lifetime. But we believe that all things are possible through God, we believe that even donkeys can talk, and that everything that is written in the Bible is true no matter how crazy it sounds.

I'm about to read Revelations and for one thing, that's the only book in the Bible I actually never read. Reason being could be because I never got the chance to, I'm a little scared because it talks a lot about the end times, and some things may be hard to believe.

But I do believe in the God who created the heavens and the earth who gave us a purpose for living this life. Therefore, all the words written, I pray that I would understand through wisdom and knowledge from God and believe all is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment