Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dominican Republic Missions 2011

This is my fourth years in Dominican Republic Missions. It was a blessing and I'm glad I got to have a lot of bonding time with my BASICs. Working with Missionary Kim's family was definitely different. Got to meet and interact with many kids from Sonoma Church, Grace Church and Ebenezer Church. Sad thing is that it's unlikely we will be able to keep in touch with them or possibly even meet them again. Breaks my heart. It's always such a blessing to go abroad and meet so many awesome new people, but it hurts so bad when I think about never really seeing them again in this lifetime.. or even in the near future.


DR TEAM leaves to DR! :)



Nicole from Grace Church. She made sure to always save a seat for me and push everyone else off.

Carlos & Yuyi from Sonoma Church. They helped us learn more Spanish Vocabulary. Loved them!

Dana & Escarlin, the sweetest things. Dana made sure she was everyone's center of attention. Escarlin was just sweet.

My ROOMMATE and the only other girl on the missions trip. WAH* Didn't take a picture with Mary!

Leisure time on the streets of Santo Domingo.

The alternative beach we went to with LACK of waves. So, we kayaked...with one oar.


1 comment:

  1. joan ur too skinny i can see ur bones hahha..but glad to see u had a blessed time =)

    ReplyDelete