Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lent - Day 4

What have you learned about God and yourself in these first days of lent?

I learned that God has his priorities straight and I don't. He knew what he was called here to do and I'm more or less a mess.

What areas of fear or pride are hindering you from fully committing to this journey?

I have fear of not being able to pass my comp exam that's in less than three weeks and I'm afraid that the time I'm using on God-ward things will take up my study time.

How would you articulate your need for God and your longing to know his presence and power more authentically than you do?

I will give my fear over to God and make sure to spend time developing and cultivating my relationship with Christ. I'm giving over my fear to him knowing that he has the whole world in his hands and without him, I would not be able to study in the first place. I will commit to keeping Him first and depending on him for all things, especially studying, finishing this internship, doing well at work, completing school work on time, serving in the ministry and just balancing social/personal life matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment