Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Little Encouragement

There are many times where I'm tired and exhausted and weary and drained because of all the responsibilities that I am carrying, these times are one of them. This semester, I'm doing whatever I can to push myself to finish this internship because I just want to be over with this masters degree to be able to focus on the baby when he comes out. Anyway, I have anxiety over not being able to obtain enough clients and these snow days aren't helping at all. At the same time, since I have that horrible mentality of wanting to finish, sometimes it's hard to see if I'm making any sort of impact or help in any of my clients life because I'm so busy dealing with a thousand other things in life. But just a couple of minutes ago, I got an email from a client that didn't come back this semester. I've been seeing her just about every week for a year and a half. And there were many times, times were so hard even I doubted if there was any hope for her. But she sent me this email:

Hey Joan,

I wanted to share with you that last week I shared my entire testimony with the girls I am working with. It's still surreal to me that I was able to trust a group of females enough to be completely honest with. I wanted to thank you for always encouraging me, and for being patient with me through this journey.  You, better than anyone, know I have been looking forward to the day I would be able to stand and tell people my true story. I was more amazed at the fact I was also able to do it with very few tears, and I know I couldn't have gotten here without your help. 

Thank you again! 

Little things like this make what I do worth it, just those little things. It's worth it to sometimes to go that one extra yard and be tired if someone else was positively impacted by it. In the meantime, God, please give me strength, I can't do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment