Sunday, April 5, 2015

8 Days Away

I'm going to be a mommy in 8 days. Still a little hard to imagine. Feelings of anticipation, unknowing what to expect, sort of nervous yet can't wait at the same time. There's a lot of feelings going on there. This is the final week that I'll be going about my day on my own. It's a new chapter, a new season, I'll no longer be just Joan, or Joan and the other, but we're going to have a family. How insane. Part of my is trying to take care of as many things as I could before this baby pops but the other part of me is squeezing whatever time I can get to find rest in mental preparation for the sleepless nights ahead of me. I have just about 20 hours of internship face to face hours left and I'm probably just going to finish off a couple more this coming week. I have one more official homework assignment for my graduate career and after this...life's about to change big time.

I was preparing on how to lead the New Mexico mission team for this summer and I can't even go because the baby will be not even two months by then. I feel a little crazy but I have the urge, if I'm physically okay and if baby is physically okay, I would love to jump on the plane with the rest of the mission team last minute and be part of the mission trip. In my mind, I think it's going to be easy but I know it's going to be nothing like that. And if I weren't able to go on the mission trip, then I would go to Challenge 2015.

Even for hooding and commencement, I'm determined to bring the baby out but most people would say it's not wise because the baby has nearly reached a month old (if I happen to pop according to the due date).

Sometimes I feel like I'm invincible and can do anything. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment