Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Baby

It's a little insane that the little boy that's been growing inside me the past nine months is going to come out in possibly two weeks or more or less. It's still hard to imagine myself as a mother but I guess those instincts will kick in when the baby is born. I'm still unsure of what to anticipate in terms going into labor because thus far, the pregnancy has been pretty smooth. I'm a little nervous but mentally preparing myself for all the changes that will happen in the next two weeks. I have only a couple of days of internship left before the baby pops and it literally feels like the last stretch. My mind is half there and half not there but I know I have to push myself to complete whatever I can to not have so many hours roll over for the summer.

It's been a pretty tough semester in terms of all the things I needed to handle, but I'm grateful for having such a great and supportive environment around me, they make things better. The other has been especially great, he's been treating me like a handicap, lol, and doing everything to make my life as least stressful as possible which I really appreciate. 

I feel pretty mentally checked out of life if that makes any sense at all. I'm currently just going through the motions and taking each day one step at a time. These two weeks I'm probably going to go through a bunch of feelings, anticipating the baby's birth. Still have so much to clean and sort but I have been prioritizing resting a little more since I'm mentally preparing that I won't be sleeping for a while after this. 

What I will miss about pregnancy is all the baby's different movements as each week passes by. It just amazes me that the way that humans are formed is such a miracle. 

--

Side note: Since it was April Fools day, what I wanted to do so bad was prank the other and pretend I was going into labor at work. I ended up not doing it because it felt mean and it would've just been a bad joke that would've ruined his day and then mine. When I went home, I told him I wanted to and he said, "you're smart that you didn't". Lol. Then he goes, "it would've been more believable if your boss called on behalf of you". And then he would've rushed to school, ran down to our office and the find all of us just on our computer minding our own business. He said he would've been so upset. Lol.

1 comment: