Friday, April 26, 2013

Hands Extended

It makes me glad to know that I can make someone's day brighter just by simply helping them with something. At work today, I was speaking to a student and helping her understand her financial aid process as a last semester senior. She thanked me for spending the time to help her and give her advice and she was grateful because she said no one else has done that for her.

There have been many other students I've been introducing myself too and although I have to tell them bad news most of the time, they walk away with a different look on their face, not a bad one, but one that seemed grateful that someone treated them with kindness and some patience.

It might be because I'm still new at this job so I'm treating all the students nice. Perhaps I may be jaded eventually also because people keep coming in with the same stupid problem that they should know how to take care of themselves. But in the meantime, I'm grateful to know that I can bless someones day by just doing a small little task.


No comments:

Post a Comment